Turning Point USA and the Vernon K. Krieble Foundation are proud to partner and recognize six (6) students with the Unsung Hero Award courtesy of the Vernon K. Krieble Foundation.
The Award will be given to six (6) students who boldly, bravely and successfully pushed back against the left on campus, challenged liberal bias/indoctrination, and/or promoted their conservative values in an effective and meaningful way throughout the 2016-2017 school year. Priority will be given to students who led a movement or initiative that resulted in positive change (for example, eliminating a free speech zone, de-funding a liberal cause on campus, removing a biased and untruthful textbook from the curriculum, etc.).
The purpose of this award is to highlight students who question authority and push back against academic overreach and liberal bias on campus.
Prizes will be given as follows:
- One (1) $5,000 prize for 1st place
- Two (2) $2,500 prizes for second place
- Three (3) $1,000 prizes for third place
Winners will be selected by the Vernon K. Krieble Foundation. Members of the selection committee will be individuals who have no relationship or contact with the nominees.
Award winners will be honored on June 17th, 2017 at an awards ceremony in Dallas, TX. Students must be present to accept the award (no substitutes). Travel expenses to/from Dallas, TX to accept the award will be covered by Turning Point USA.
Students may nominate themselves or be nominated by someone else. Nominations should be submitted using the form below. Nominations are due on May 5, 2017 at 5:00pm CST. No exceptions or extensions will be granted. To be nominated, students must:
- Be available to attend the Award Ceremony on June 17, 2017 in Dallas, TX (travel expenses covered by TPUSA).
- Be a full-time or part-time student at a high school, college, or university during the 2016-2017 school year.
- Have led and/or organized the effort/action/event for which the student is being nominated for this award.
- Ideally (not required), be involved in Turning Point USA in some capacity.
Questions about the Award and/or the nomination process should be directed to Crystal Clanton at [email protected]